[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #57909: It's not logical that the "Read more"-button disappears when you create a manual excerpt

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Mar 12 14:05:20 UTC 2023

#57909: It's not logical that the "Read more"-button disappears when you create a
manual excerpt
-----------------------------+-------------------------------
 Reporter:  hero2            |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request  |     Status:  new
Component:  Post Thumbnails  |    Version:  6.1.1
 Severity:  normal           |   Keywords:  changes-requested
  Focuses:  ui               |
-----------------------------+-------------------------------
 When you create a manual excerpt on a Post, the "Read more"-button
 disappears on the Blog-page. That is NOT logical, if you ask me!
 I was told by the Astra Pro Theme support that this is a default behaviour
 of WordPress.
 To me, this is a bug, but formally I guess it's a feature request, to let
 the user decide whether to have a "Read more"-button or not, and how it
 should look! And NOT let it depend on whether you have created a manual
 excerpt for that post!

 I will try to add a screen shot which shows that the "Read more"-button is
 only visible on Post-thumbnails where I have not manually created the
 excerpt.