[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #57821: Media library badly autopopulates image caption if Windows image metadata exists

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Mar 11 07:20:30 UTC 2023

#57821: Media library badly autopopulates image caption if Windows image metadata
exists
----------------------------------------------+----------------------------
 Reporter:  properlypurple                    |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                      |      Status:  new

Comment (by shubhamgmath):

 == Test Report
 It is working fine with my images. But the buggy image share in the ticket
 reproduces the issue.
 === Env
 * WordPress 6.1.1
 * Chrome 111.0.5563.64
 * Mac OX Ventura version 13.2
 * Theme: Twenty Twenty Three
 * Media Library

 === Steps to test
 1. Download the images shared by the user and uploaded them to the media
 library
 2. Found the bug with that Image.
 3. Tried Changing the comment for my image and uploaded the same.
 4. But not found any issues.
 5. Replicated scenarios 2-3 with different images but not found any
 issues.

 Screencast example:
 Image giving issue - https://prnt.sc/gPsCslAXDENI

--