[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #57667: Twenty Twenty-Three: Separator Block default and wide line styling outputing same result

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Mar 9 12:37:06 UTC 2023

#57667: Twenty Twenty-Three: Separator Block default and wide line styling
outputing same result
---------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  haritpanchal   |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  new

Comment (by poena):

 I completely forgot that the width styles were removed intentionally.
 https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/pull/38635

 I apologize if this is stating the obvious, it took me this long to
 finally understand what you were all saying weeks ago :)

 If we want the theme.json solution like in 57667.diff, I believe we would
 need to use {{:not}}} similar to the styles that are in the separator
 block theme.scss file, plus the alignment settings.
 Because as you were saying, the {{{is-style-default}}} class is **not**
 applied by default when you add the block.

 {{{
 "core/separator": {
         "css": " &:not(.is-style-wide):not(.is-style-
 dots):not(.alignwide):not(.alignfull){width: 200px}"
 },
 }}}

 If we want to combine it with a solution like in 57667.2.diff, the change
 needs to be made through Gutenberg first.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/57667#comment:11>