[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #58603: Twenty Twenty-Three: Update font sizes to ensure accessible responsive typography

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jun 22 17:51:18 UTC 2023

#58603: Twenty Twenty-Three: Update font sizes to ensure accessible responsive
typography
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  mikachan       |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement    |     Status:  new
Component:  Bundled Theme  |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal         |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                 |
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 After seeing @ryokuhi's tutorial on how to calculate
 [https://equalizedigital.com/accessible-fluid-typography-in-the-block-
 editor-stefano-minoia/ accessible responsive typography], I believe some
 of the font size presets should be updated in Twenty Twenty-Three to
 ensure that all typography is as accessible as possible.

 @ryokuhi explains a simple formula to calculate the ratio between the min
 and max font size values to ensure the resulting size is accessible: `[min
 font-size] / [max font-size] >= 0.61`

 I believe the xx-large font size presets in the following variations
 should be updated to follow this rule:

 - Default variation
 - Aubergine
 - Block-out