[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #58467: `wp_get_global_styles`: return the standard format for CSS Custom Properties

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jun 21 16:47:12 UTC 2023

#58467: `wp_get_global_styles`: return the standard format for CSS Custom
Properties
--------------------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  oandregal                 |       Owner:  oandregal
     Type:  defect (bug)              |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by oandregal):

 > @oandregal As a core committer of this, you have a responsibility to
 review and action feedback on your commit. As this is your commit, you
 should look at the patch and merge it before looking at other work. You
 have to own the life cycle of a core commit and any feedback that comes
 out of it.

 Absolutely. I just disagree this is the right moment to do that experiment
 that has proven problematic and performance-wise it has dubious effects
 (probably negative ones). The direction doesn't have full support from
 core committers. When it does, I'm happy to follow up with this change and
 any other that's suggested.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/58467#comment:12>