[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #58467: `wp_get_global_styles`: return the standard format for CSS Custom Properties

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jun 21 16:32:47 UTC 2023

#58467: `wp_get_global_styles`: return the standard format for CSS Custom
Properties
--------------------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  oandregal                 |       Owner:  oandregal
     Type:  defect (bug)              |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by oandregal):

 > If you can take a look, I will commit it for you.

 Unfortunately, I don't know how I can help with this: my concerns are
 about testing that it doesn't break anything because the polyfills not
 being available everywhere (as others pointed out in the ticket and the
 core-performance channel
 https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/C02KGN5K076/p1687362710229799).

 I cannot justify investing on this right now, so I'd rather hold this sort
 of changes off for when other work is not such time-sensitive. It's fine
 by me if others want to pursue it and make sure it works properly.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/58467#comment:10>