[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #58541: WP_Filesystem_SSH2:put_contents (and others) does not check for $sftp_link to be up

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jun 20 01:55:44 UTC 2023

#58541: WP_Filesystem_SSH2:put_contents (and others) does not check for $sftp_link
to be up
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  jobst           |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  new
Changes (by costdev):

 * keywords:  has-patch reporter-feedback => needs-patch
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => Future Release

Comment:

 Thanks for posting this @jobst!

 It's important to have this detail on the ticket for historical purposes.
 That way, years from now, the exact issue and data can be seen without
 needing to review code/install an old version to reproduce.

 As we don't yet have a testable patch (i.e. a `.diff`, `.patch` or a PR),
 I'll remove `has-patch` and add `needs-patch`. Removing `reporter-
 feedback` and milestoning for `Future Release` until we have a patch and
 test reports from someone other than the patch author.

 In the meantime, for example, a Must-Use plugin that initializes the
 `$wp_filesystem` global variable as a `WP_Filesystem_SSH2` object with
 valid arguments for the system, followed by a call to
 `wp_filesystem->connect()` may ensure the later calls by plugins work as
 expected, as `! $wp_filesystem` conditions should fail and its current
 (correct) value should be used used.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/58541#comment:8>