[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #58567: Updates inconsistently missing from Updates page and no update count bubbles in admin menu

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jun 18 00:50:49 UTC 2023

#58567: Updates inconsistently missing from Updates page and no update count
bubbles in admin menu
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  galbaras         |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)     |     Status:  new
Component:  Upgrade/Install  |    Version:
 Severity:  normal           |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  administration   |
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Until a few weeks ago, when there were X outstanding plugin updates, the
 Updates page showed them all, and the Updates and Plugins items in the
 admin menu showed a red bubble with X in it.

 Now, when I log into WordPress, there are no red bubbles, and navigating
 to the Updates or Plugins page causes the bubbles to reappear, but the
 respective page may or may not show all the outstanding updates.

 Sometimes, forcing the update check results in a full list, and sometimes,
 simply re-navigating to the same page completes the list. But sometimes,
 some updates disappear for no apparent reason.

 I suspect this is related to having a premium plugin update on the list,
 but can't be sure. It just seems like partial lists contain a premium
 update, and often, it's one of those missing.

 I've ruled out browser caching and there are no console errors or PHP
 error log message that could be related.