[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #58471: transient variable "doing_cron" cause a fatal error when the transient value is empty

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jun 7 03:03:39 UTC 2023

#58471: transient variable "doing_cron" cause a fatal error when the transient
value is empty
 Reporter:  fzhantw       |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Cron API      |    Version:  6.2.2
 Severity:  major         |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 In wp-includes/cron.php LINE: 855
 {{{#!php
 <?php
         if ( $lock + WP_CRON_LOCK_TIMEOUT > $gmt_time ) {
                 return false;
         }
 }}}
 This causes a fatal error when $lock is not an integer.
 Therefore, we should make a type-checking beforehand.

 **Enviroment:**
 * WordPress 6.2.2
 * PHP 8.1.19

 **What steps should be taken to consistently reproduce the problem?**
 The site randomly occurs fatal error when the transient value of
 "doing_cron" is empty.

 **Does the problem occur even when you deactivate all plugins and use the
 default theme?**
 No, I think plugin"Transients Manager 2.0.3" is related to this bug.