[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #58416: Media Title field should soft wrap in Media Modal: For better readability/editing of long titles.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jun 6 16:43:27 UTC 2023

#58416: Media Title field should soft wrap in Media Modal: For better
readability/editing of long titles.
 Reporter:  abitofmind                           |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  new
Changes (by joedolson):

 * version:  6.2.2 => 3.5

Comment:

 We have a precedent for changing a text field from a text input to
 textarea input, which we did for the alt attribute field on #50066. This
 can follow the same plan; all we really need to do is sanitize the input
 using sanitize_text_field instead of sanitize_textarea_field, so that line
 breaks won't be retained. We just need to make sure to comment on that in
 the code so it's clear why.

 Changing version to 3.5, which is when the add media panel was introduced,
 since this is specifically referring to the modal. However, the use of a
 text field for the media title field probably dates back to the first
 support for media in WordPress.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/58416#comment:16>