[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #58785: Show dashicons-dismiss instead of the character 'x' when we talk about the dashicon-dismiss

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jul 28 15:39:37 UTC 2023

#58785: Show dashicons-dismiss instead of the character 'x' when we talk about the
dashicon-dismiss
---------------------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Reporter:  Presskopp                  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement                |      Status:  new
                                       |  copy

Comment (by joedolson):

 The actual name of the button in the bulk edit panel is "Remove {post
 name} from bulk edit". I think it would appropriate for the dashicon in
 the help text to be announced as "remove" for screen readers, since that's
 the common stem of the button name that they'll observe.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/58785#comment:7>