[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #58917: Email Sending validation doesn't occur when password reset is sent from the Users page

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jul 27 11:06:16 UTC 2023

#58917: Email Sending validation doesn't occur when password reset is sent from the
Users page
 Reporter:  rajinsharwar  |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by rajinsharwar):

 I am now storing a transient flag "reset_password_email_failure" when the
 email sending fails, and then we check for this transient on the Users
 page to display the error message. The transient is set to expire in 60
 seconds to ensure that the error message is only shown once after the
 email sending failure.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/58917#comment:4>