[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #58917: Email Sending validation doesn't occur when password reset is sent from the Users page

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jul 26 16:29:48 UTC 2023

#58917: Email Sending validation doesn't occur when password reset is sent from the
Users page
-----------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  rajinsharwar           |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)           |     Status:  new
Component:  Application Passwords  |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal                 |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                         |
-----------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Suppose my site isn't configured to send emails. So, when a user tries to
 reset his password from the public login page, he gets the below error.

 https://prnt.sc/q_Z3IIC1f_dy

 This is expected, but now, if I log in as an admin account, navigate under
 the Users page, and try to send the reset link for that user, I can see no
 validation error. The email doesn't get sent in real, but I can't see the
 error that my site isn't configured for sending emails.

 https://prnt.sc/O9k_QpycwCfh

 I think this type of behaviour is kind of confusing for users. We should
 show that validation error in the admin panel as well.