[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #58842: Add a "change date/time notation" / "timezone" checkbox when changing site languages

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jul 18 17:08:18 UTC 2023

#58842: Add a "change date/time notation" / "timezone" checkbox when changing site
languages
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  NekoJonez           |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement         |     Status:  new
Component:  Administration      |    Version:
 Severity:  normal              |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  ui, administration  |
 When I install WP, I usually do it in English. Yet, for some cases I have
 to change the locale to Dutch.

 Now, I notice that the timezone and datetime notation stays in the old
 locale. Which is understandable... We don't want to force it on the user.
 That's why I'm suggesting that we add a checkbox or two so the user has
 the choice to also change the datetime/timezone setting to the locale
 default if they change.

 It would make things a bit more flexible.