[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #58407: resetpassword action on users.php (users list page) handles retrieve_password() return incorrectly

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jul 18 16:23:37 UTC 2023

#58407: resetpassword action on users.php (users list page) handles
retrieve_password() return incorrectly
 Reporter:  letraceursnork                       |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  new
  testing needs-testing-info                     |  administration
Changes (by Hareesh Pillai):

 * keywords:  good-first-bug has-patch needs-testing => good-first-bug has-
     patch needs-testing needs-testing-info

Comment:

 May be I'm testing it wrong, but after disabling password reset, I do not
 see the fields to reset the password at all.

 Refer the
 [https://core.trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/58407/Disable%20reset%20password.png
 attached image above].

 **How I disabled reset password?**
 By adding the following code to `functions.php`

 {{{

 function disable_password_reset() {
     return false;
 }
 add_filter( 'allow_password_reset', 'disable_password_reset' );

Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/58407#comment:22>