[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #57868: "elements" styles for custom blocks in `theme.json` are ignored / not loaded

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jul 17 22:26:07 UTC 2023

#57868: "elements" styles for custom blocks in `theme.json` are ignored / not
loaded
--------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  flixos90                  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)              |      Status:  new
Changes (by flixos90):

 * keywords:  has-patch has-unit-tests needs-testing => has-patch has-unit-
     tests
 * milestone:  6.4 => 6.3

Comment:

 I have tested the PR and it works as expected. Note that there was already
 previous testing feedback on the PR with additional details, confirming
 that the fix works as expected: https://github.com/WordPress/wordpress-
 develop/pull/4174#issuecomment-1457122008

 At this point the PR needs code review approval. I feel confident about
 the fix, but needless to say I'd like to have someone else review and
 approve as well.

 Given this is a bug that can be quite limiting in block theme development,
 I'd love if we could get this committed before 6.3-RC1, so I'll set it
 back to the milestone for visibility and would appreciate a review. If
 it's approved, happy to commit this by tomorrow in time for RC release.
 Otherwise, we'd have to punt it but due to its nature I would prefer not
 to do that unless we really have to.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/57868#comment:8>