[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #58814: Intensionally inset general->timezone_string field wrong format makes error in 'Time Format' & 'Date Format'

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jul 14 22:27:33 UTC 2023

#58814: Intensionally inset general->timezone_string field wrong format makes error
in 'Time Format' & 'Date Format'
 Reporter:  mrinal013    |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
  (bug)                  |
Component:               |    Version:  trunk
  Administration         |   Keywords:  needs-privacy-review has-
 Severity:  major        |  screenshots
  Focuses:               |
 == How to reproduce ==
 1. Go to WP Admin/Settings->General.
 2. Open the browser console and find the `timezone_string` select field's
 selected option.
 3. Change the value that is not valid. For example, `0`/`test`
 4. Save the settings.
 5. Then I see the error in the `Time Format` and `Date Format` fields.

 I find this bug in the published version. Even with the `trunk` branch of
 `wordpress-develop`.

 https://www.loom.com/share/546fd9ba1f97419a9a65b8e9885c0773?sid=7e7b6625-bab2-491d-b728-2591f015f1df