[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #58785: Show dashicons-dismiss instead of the character 'x' when we talk about the dashicon-dismiss

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jul 11 19:00:30 UTC 2023

#58785: Show dashicons-dismiss instead of the character 'x' when we talk about the
dashicon-dismiss
-----------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:  Presskopp        |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement      |      Status:  new
Changes (by costdev):

 * focuses:  ui-copy => accessibility, ui-copy

Comment:

 This might be a good time to address accessibility here. Whether using "x"
 or the dashicon, the screenreader text for the button doesn't mention "x",
 so both options are somewhat reliant on sight, or at least require the
 user to make an estimated guess.

 Adding `accessibility` so folks with more experience can weigh in with
 their thoughts on whether this is an accessibility concern, and if so, how
 best to improve accessibility here.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/58785#comment:3>