[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #58785: Show dashicons-dismiss instead of the character 'x' when we talk about the dashicon-dismiss

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jul 11 17:37:03 UTC 2023

#58785: Show dashicons-dismiss instead of the character 'x' when we talk about the
dashicon-dismiss
 Reporter:  Presskopp    |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  Help/About   |    Version:
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  ui-copy      |
 The help text on the bulk edit screen explains to click the x next to the
 name to remove the entry from the bulk edit list. But the x is in fact a
 dashicon. So why not show the dashicon?

 See https://build.trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/wp-
 admin/edit.php?marks=291#L291

 Remarks:

 When patching to

 {{{#!php
 /* translators: %s is the 'x' icon */
     __( 'When using Bulk Edit, you can change the metadata (categories,
 author, etc.) for all selected posts at once. To remove a post from the
 grouping, just click the %s next to its name in the Bulk Edit area that
 appears.' ),
     '<span class="dashicons dashicons-dismiss"></span>'
 }}}

 the dashicon would be shown too big. It should get

 {{{#!php
 style="font: normal 16px/20px dashicons;"
 }}}

 somehow to make it fit the size the list icons are