[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #58718: A million dollars security question to Matt Mullenweg about Libsodium and WP updates/encryption interception

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jul 5 16:14:08 UTC 2023

#58718: A million dollars security question to Matt Mullenweg about Libsodium and
WP updates/encryption interception
 Reporter:  KestutisIT    |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by KestutisIT):

 Replying to [comment:1 jrf]:
 > > Today I discovered that hackers at Bite Group Telecommunications
 center

 > Unless you have a reference, this is just scare mongering and not
 helpful.

 > If Sodium is compromised, this would not be a WP problem, but an
 industry problem.

 Please explain what does it means to have a reference. It's 100% proven
 that this happened over the telecomunication center, as I tried with
 mobile and home routers, ipad, mac, lenovo, windows, Mac devices. It all
 breaks the same case only via Bite Telecomunication as sim provider. The
 interception happen by the hacker at telecomuncation center. I also
 discussed end companies like ExpressVPN security team, and OnlyFans
 security teams. They all confirmed this. And then we changed finaly to AES
 and it started to block the interception of image takeover. So we not just
 dicovered who, but also discovered HOW.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/58718#comment:2>