[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #58455: The admin menu remains sticky when displaying warning or error messages on the Site Health page.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jul 4 11:35:02 UTC 2023

#58455: The admin menu remains sticky when displaying warning or error messages on
the Site Health page.
 Reporter:  dhrumilk                             |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  new
  requested                                      |

Comment (by oglekler):

 I just got this white space on the Profile page in admin, but I didn't
 manage to see the error on top of the page and in the debug log as well.
 In my case, the error was: Failed opening '/var/www/html/wp-content/wp-
 cache-config.php'...
 I activated caching with WP Super Cache and then removed this file.

 /wp-admin/admin-header.php:212 (WP 6.2.2)

 {{{
 $error_get_last = error_get_last();

 // Print a CSS class to make PHP errors visible.
 if ( $error_get_last && WP_DEBUG && WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY && ini_get(
 'display_errors' )
         // Don't print the class for PHP notices in wp-config.php, as they
 happen before WP_DEBUG takes effect,
         // and should not be displayed with the `error_reporting` level
 previously set in wp-load.php.
         && ( E_NOTICE !== $error_get_last['type'] || 'wp-config.php' !==
 wp_basename( $error_get_last['file'] ) )
 ) {
         $admin_body_class .= ' php-error';
 }
 }}}

 So, this is not so much about white space as it is about why this error
 was whisked out at some point and not shown anywhere.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/58455#comment:13>