[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #49532: Clicking "preview" multiple times on a post causes an identical autosave revision to be created and destroyed repeatedly

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jul 4 08:17:43 UTC 2023

#49532: Clicking "preview" multiple times on a post causes an identical autosave
revision to be created and destroyed repeatedly
 Reporter:  inwerpsel                            |       Owner:
                                                 |  adamsilverstein
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  closed
  feedback has-unit-tests commit                 |  performance

Comment (by Mamaduka):

 Hi, @adamsilverstein

 I think r55154 introduced a regression with the post-thumbnail previews.
 If I preview a published post and the only change is the post thumbnail,
 it's not reflected in the preview. The preview works if you change the
 title or content.

 My guess why it's happening:

 Now that we bailout early from creating an autosave, the `$post->ID !=
 $post_id` comparison in `_wp_preview_post_thumbnail_filter` will be
 `false`, when previewing the post thumbnail only changes.

 == How to reproduce ==

 1. Edit an already published post.
 2. Change only the post-thumbnail and click preview.
 3. Notice that the preview displays an old thumbnail.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/49532#comment:33>