[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #58703: wp-list-table: <label> is preceding <input> for the checkbox selecting all items

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jul 3 08:59:58 UTC 2023

#58703: wp-list-table: <label> is preceding <input> for the checkbox selecting all
items
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  dimitris.m      |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)    |     Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal          |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                  |
 Our automated UI tests caught a difference in WordPress 6.3-beta2 where
 the `<label>` element comes before the `<input>` one for the checkbox
 that's selecting all items in the admin tables (`wp-list-table`)

 From [https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/H44.html]:

 > For all input elements of type checkbox or radio in the Web page::
 > Check that there is a label element that identifies the purpose of the
 control **after** the input element

 Due to the above, I thought that this is worth raising and you can
 evaluate whether it's worth addressing or not.