[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #58202: php-fpm7.4: time limit exceeded `Operation canceled' @ fatal/cache.c/GetImagePixelCache/1868.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jul 2 21:19:24 UTC 2023

#58202: php-fpm7.4: time limit exceeded `Operation canceled' @
fatal/cache.c/GetImagePixelCache/1868.
--------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  dsar          |       Owner:  antpb
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by densityapps):

 I strongly agree. This change should be reverted. As I mentioned
 previously, I don't think this is something that should be attempted to be
 "fixed" via WordPress. This is overriding server configuration, which
 should be left to the server admins, to solve a problem that isn't created
 by WP. Per my previous reply, and as noted by @matt_fw and @soulseekah,
 the timeout value remains in place for the life of the PHP process. It
 certainly wouldn't be appropriate to force every host to relegate
 themselves to only single use PHP processes in order for WP to function
 correctly. That's basically a forced downgrade of the usefulness of PHP-
 FPM. Any correction to address issues caused by PHP timeouts while Imagick
 is still processing, should come from an Imagick update.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/58202#comment:17>