[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #52738: Use of get_object_vars() in sanitize_post() and WP_Post constructor does not handle null byte

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Jul 1 07:46:22 UTC 2023

#52738: Use of get_object_vars() in sanitize_post() and WP_Post constructor does
not handle null byte
----------------------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  bitcomplex                              |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                            |      Status:  new

Comment (by oglekler):

 @costdev @audrasjb @SergeyBiryukov @mukesh27, sorry for pinging you all,
 but can you place look at this patch. The new function looks logical and
 in WordPress tradition to  replace PHP functions with owns to make them
 more predictable with result, it is covered with unit tests;
 get_object_vars() isn't replaced for the new wp_get_object_vars()
 everywhere, but perhaps it is not needed.

 @bitcomplex, what is the scenario when get_object_vars() gets an object
 which has null as a property? It looks like a mistake from some other
 place we are covering for, but fatal error is not pleasant.

 I am also wondering if we need to add an error message to the debug log in
 cases when it is actually happening to make this easier to debug for
 developers who are making such a mistake.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/52738#comment:12>