[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #57579: Deprecated: strip_tags(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in admin-header.php

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jan 30 17:46:17 UTC 2023

#57579: Deprecated: strip_tags(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type
string is deprecated in admin-header.php
--------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  ipajen        |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by SergeyBiryukov):

 Replying to [comment:2 jrf]:
 > I can see one more alternative option, which could (should) possible be
 applied in conjunction with the solution suggested by @peterwilsoncc: for
 `wp-admin/admin-header.php` to do an early check for the global variables
 it requires to be set and to set those to a default value (for example, an
 empty string for `$title) if the variable is not available.

 Indeed, that sounds like a good idea too. We already this for
 `$current_screen`:
 {{{
 // Catch plugins that include admin-header.php before admin.php completes.
 if ( empty( $current_screen ) ) {
         set_current_screen();
 }
 }}}
 Might be worth doing the same for other variables, though I think I would
 do this on a case-by-case basis for those that are known to cause notices
 if not set, like `$title` here.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/57579#comment:3>