[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #56886: Although users can set a new site's visibility for search engines, the super admin can't :)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jan 25 01:49:30 UTC 2023

#56886: Although users can set a new site's visibility for search engines, the
super admin can't :)
-----------------------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  imath                        |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                 |      Status:  new

Comment (by ironprogrammer):

 Replying to [comment:3 peterwilsoncc]:
 > If there is an E2E test suite that runs in multiste mode, it would be
 great if some tests could be added to ensure `Allow search engines to
 index this site` appears on the relevant page.

 > @ironprogrammer do you know if such a test suite exits?
 I don't believe there are any multisite E2E tests. A great idea though 😅

 If this option is added to the multisite admin, could it be
 worded/designed to have better parity with the single site admin?

 [[Image(https://cldup.com/ICmdRpctXK.png, 70%)]]

 I realize the current patch is based on what is currently displayed to
 users on `wp-signup.php`, but "Discourage search engines from indexing
 this site" more accurately reflects this option. It would also simplify
 the interface if this was a checkbox, rather than radios.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/56886#comment:7>