[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #57488: The "Showing X of Y media items" area in Media Upload screen gives wrong information.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jan 24 18:58:34 UTC 2023

#57488: The "Showing X of Y media items" area in Media Upload screen gives wrong
information.
 Reporter:  shamayel007                          |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  new
  needs-testing                                  |

Comment (by dariak):

 I can reproduce the issue in the following way:

 == Reproduction Report
 This report validates that the issue can be reproduced.

 === Environment
 * OS: macOS 13.1
 * Web Server: Nginx
 * PHP: 7.4.1
 * WordPress: 6.1.1
 * Browser: Chrome 109
 * Theme: Twenty Twenty-Two
 * Active Plugins: none

 (I used Local to build a clean WordPress environment).

 === Reproduction steps
 I basically followed the same steps as mentioned in the original issue. I
 uploaded 20 JPEG images.

 === Actual Results
 - ✅ The bug is reproduced, but slightly different.
 - After I upload 20 images, and they were in the process of being
 uploaded, the message states correctly - "Showing 20 of 20 media items".
 - Once the upload process is finished, the message turns to "Showing 20 of
 18 media items" (however I still see 20 images).
 - ✅ Indeed the last part of the bug is also reproduced: when I close
 "Create gallery", then click "Media Library" within "Gallery" block again,
 the number is shown as expected "Showing 20 of 20 media items".

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/57488#comment:4>