[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #56747: Twenty Seventeen: Image Block captions are Italic on frontend but not in editor

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jan 20 03:31:39 UTC 2023

#56747: Twenty Seventeen: Image Block captions are Italic on frontend but not in
editor
 Reporter:  domainsupport                        |       Owner:  audrasjb
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  closed
  screenshots                                    |
Changes (by seakashdiu):

 * status:  accepted => closed
 * resolution:   => invalid

Comment:

 Hi @sabernhardt
 I think there is a small issue in your
 [https://core.trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/56747/56747.2.patch].
 In the editor, if the 'I' option is selected, the caption text should
 appear in italics. If the 'I' option is not selected, the caption text
 should appear in its normal font. However, it appears that in the current
 patch, this behavior is reversed.
 So, in **src/wp-content/themes/twentyseventeen/assets/css/blocks.css**,
 **(line:24 and line: 465)** would be ---
 {{{
 font-style: normal;
 }}}
 **src/wp-content/themes/twentyseventeen/assets/css/editor-blocks.css**
 and **line: 481** would be ---
 {{{
 font-style: italic;
 }}}