[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38664: Allow installing translations via the language setting on the user profile edit page admin

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jan 19 14:11:22 UTC 2023

#38664: Allow installing translations via the language setting on the user profile
edit page admin
-------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  barryceelen  |       Owner:  swissspidy
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  closed
Changes (by swissspidy):

 * status:  assigned => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 In [changeset:"55099" 55099]:
 {{{
 #!CommitTicketReference repository="" revision="55099"
 I18N: Allow installing new translations when changing the user locale on
 the profile page.

 Up until now, new translations could only be installed via Settings ->
 General.
 When editing the user profile, one could only select locales that were
 already installed.

 This change allows also installing new translations if the editing user
 has the necessary capabilities.

 Props barryceelen, johnbillion, ocean90, swissspidy.
 Fixes #38664.

Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38664#comment:16>