[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #56975: Replace the internal `WP_Theme_JSON_Resolver::theme_has_support()` with a public function

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jan 18 22:19:07 UTC 2023

#56975: Replace the internal `WP_Theme_JSON_Resolver::theme_has_support()` with a
public function
 Reporter:  oandregal                            |       Owner:
                                                 |  hellofromTonya
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by dmsnell):

 To share more about the testing I provided, in case it helps someone
 figure out what broke, I was running PHP 8.2.0, running WordPress from its
 directory with `php -S 0.0.0.0`, on a fresh site install, on a fresh
 database, with the `trunk` Gutenberg symlinked as a plugin.

 Before the patch, with `WP_DEBUG` set (also with it unset too) I get no
 CSS requests from `wp-admin` pages (except `wp-login`) and no errors on
 the backend. as a fresh install the theme was twenty-twenty three, but
 changing the theme didn't affect anything. page renders on the site
 frontend were fine and enqueued and requested the appropriate CSS.

 After the patch, everything works again.

 Found this commit via `git bisect`.

 I'm curious how this affects `wp-admin` CSS, maybe a bit unnerved that
 theme-JSON related code can have this effect, but maybe I'm overlooking
 something on the caching? or some error is being eaten up by a loose
 try/catch somewhere? I initially assumed some hook/filter chain was broken
 which stoped `enqueue_script`, but I didn't look far.

 Thanks everyone for fixing this!

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/56975#comment:46>