[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #57489: Media items, which have already been uploaded, disappear when the upload dialog box is closed and then opened again.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jan 18 05:45:35 UTC 2023

#57489: Media items, which have already been uploaded, disappear when the upload
dialog box is closed and then opened again.
--------------------------+-----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  shamayel007   |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Media         |    Version:  6.1.1
 Severity:  major         |   Keywords:  needs-patch has-screenshots
  Focuses:  javascript    |
--------------------------+-----------------------------------------
 I followed the following steps and got this error:

 1) Freshly created a new WordPress site.

 [[Image(https://i.paste.pics/L1SUI.png)]]

 2) Created a new page and opened it in the block editor

 [[Image(https://i.paste.pics/L1SW2.png)]]

 3) Added a new gallery block

 [[Image(https://i.paste.pics/L1SY2.png)]]

 4) Clicked "Media Library"

 [[Image(https://i.paste.pics/L1SYB.png)]]

 5) Uploaded new images

 [[Image(https://i.paste.pics/L1SYG.png)]]

 6) Uploaded 20 images

 [[Image(https://i.paste.pics/L1SYQ.png)]]

 7) Closed the dialogue box and opened it back up.

 [[Image(https://i.paste.pics/L1T7T.png)]]

 8) Selected a few images and clicked "Create a new gallery"

 [[Image(https://i.paste.pics/L1T81.png)]]

 9) After it went to the "Edit Gallery" window, I closed it by clicking the
 cross button

 [[Image(https://i.paste.pics/L1T8W.png)]]

 10) Clicked "Media Library" again to create the Gallery block

 [[Image(https://i.paste.pics/L1TAA.png)]]

 11) Selected photos again and clicked "Create a new gallery"

 [[Image(https://i.paste.pics/L1TBI.png)]]

 12) When it again went to the Edit Gallery window, I clicked "Add to
 gallery"

 [[Image(https://i.paste.pics/L1TCL.png)]]

 13) Shows "No media items found", even though I have a lot of images
 uploaded.

 [[Image(https://i.paste.pics/L1TDG.png)]]

 Here are my setup details:
 i) OS: Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS