[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #57415: Twenty Twenty One: Text color not reflected backend and Front side in media & text block

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jan 17 07:50:28 UTC 2023

#57415: Twenty Twenty One: Text color not reflected backend and Front side in media
& text block
-------------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  umesh84                        |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                   |      Status:  new

Comment (by poena):

 I have tested this issue as part of #56487.
 With the appearance-tools theme support enabled, the media end text block
 and the text based blocks inside of it have separate link color options.

 I found a related bug, but I can reproduce that bug in other themes, it is
 not a bug in the theme but with the editor CSS specificity.

 == Testing instructions
 1. Update your WordPress test install to use the latest 6.2 nightly
 version.
 This can be done with the [https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-beta-
 tester/ Beta tester plugin].

 2. Either apply the patch for 56487, or:
 Open Twenty Twenty-One in your code editor and add the following to
 functions.php, line 341, inside the setup function:

 {{{add_theme_support( 'appearance-tools' );}}}

 3. Activate the theme.
 4. In the block editor, add a media and text block.

 With the media and text block selected, open the color panel in the
 settings sidebar.
 Add a text color and then a different color for the link.
 Now select the inner paragraph block and add some more text. Select part
 of the text and make it a link.
 Check if the text and link colors match the settings.
 Please save and view the front. Check if the colors are correct on the
 front.

 Next please reset the colors on the media and text block and select the
 paragraph block.
 With the paragraph block selected, open the color panel in the settings
 sidebar.
 Add a text color and then a different color for the link.
 Check that the correct colors are used both in the editor and the front.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/57415#comment:4>