[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #57434: Extending the list of supported inline CSS properties allowed by safe_style_css

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jan 9 15:18:16 UTC 2023

#57434: Extending the list of supported inline CSS properties allowed by
safe_style_css
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  mk9287           |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request  |     Status:  new
Component:  Formatting       |    Version:
 Severity:  normal           |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                   |
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 I propose extending the list of safe CSS properties allowed in KSES to
 provide a better UX.

 My current employer has a steady drip of requests to add new properties,
 `box-shadow`, `word-wrap` etc., that look like they could be easily
 supported. We also get requests for positioning properties like `top`,
 `left` etc., which can be used for clickjacking and the like. I think it
 would be good to widen support and also put it on record why specific
 properties are not supported. I am happy to do most of the work preparing
 the lists of properties, but first, I would like to gauge the general
 appetite for such a change.

 Please chime in with your thoughts.