[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #56312: Appending ?name to home URL shows the posts page instead of a static front page

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jan 5 19:06:34 UTC 2023

#56312: Appending ?name to home URL shows the posts page instead of a static front
page
 Reporter:  masimoti      |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by desrosj):

 * keywords:  close => needs-patch
 * status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  wontfix =>
 * type:  feature request => defect (bug)

Comment:

 > This sounds like an issue we should be able to fix. I was able to
 reproduce it on a clean install

 Reopening this as there's still some discussion that can be had. It seems
 reasonable to display the preferred front page experience (blog posts or
 static front page) when an invalid `name` parameter is provided.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/56312#comment:5>