[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #57322: Twenty Twenty-Three: Gradients clear upon saving when KSES filters are active

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jan 3 12:28:49 UTC 2023

#57322: Twenty Twenty-Three: Gradients clear upon saving when KSES filters are
active
---------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  mmtr86         |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  new

Comment (by david.binda):

 My reading of the regex is that it's meant to match just a single non-
 stacked gradient. The failing Gutenberg produced CSS rule uses a stacked
 gradient, and also references a CSS variable, which is another bit which
 throws the regex off.

 Looking into the issue, I have prepared a patch which moves the CSS
 variables handling inside the `safecss_filter_attr` function prior the
 grandients handling, and which makes the regex to match stacked gradients
 as well.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/57322#comment:1>