[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #56975: Replace the internal `WP_Theme_JSON_Resolver::theme_has_support()` with a public function

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Feb 24 12:49:09 UTC 2023

#56975: Replace the internal `WP_Theme_JSON_Resolver::theme_has_support()` with a
public function
 Reporter:  oandregal                            |       Owner:
                                                 |  hellofromTonya
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  closed

Comment (by oandregal):

 I left the note at
 https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/issues/47771#issuecomment-1420609398

 > wp_theme_has_theme_json
 >
 > WordPress 6.2 introduces a new method called wp_theme_has_theme_json(),
 that returns whether the active theme or its parent has a theme.json file.
 The goal is to provide 3rd parties with a public API they can use to query
 the active theme for this information.

 Being so small, I suggested it could go as part of other devnote: either a
 "miscellaneous changes" note or a theme.json focused one. I don't have
 good visibility of what those changes would be, so I mentioned I'd leave
 space for others with more information to make that call. cc @bph for
 awareness of this conversation as we talked about this.

 For reference, this is how we dealt with related dev notes in the past:

 - https://make.wordpress.org/core/2021/06/25/introducing-theme-json-in-
 wordpress-5-8/
 - https://make.wordpress.org/core/2022/01/08/updates-for-settings-styles-
 and-theme-json/