[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #55996: the get_the_block_template_html call all the same functions as the the_conent filter so they are run twice

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Feb 23 22:25:23 UTC 2023

#55996: the get_the_block_template_html call all the same functions as the
the_conent filter so they are run twice
 Reporter:  pbearne                              |       Owner:  flixos90
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by manfcarlo):

 Replying to [comment:32 flixos90]:
 > I personally think the approach of removing and re-adding filters is a
 hacky workaround, not a proper fix. What we should work towards is to
 actually avoid double content parsing, as in record content that was
 already parsed and ensure that it is not parsed again.

 I agree with you on this. I think there were some promising ideas from
 your implementation, but the fatal flaw was doing the recording within the
 string itself instead of some external store.

 What about patching the functions themselves (`wptexturize`,
 `shortcode_unautop`, `wp_filter_content_tags`, `do_shortcode`,
 `convert_smilies`) to skip the sections that have already been processed
 by post content blocks? This seems to fix all of the issues that have been
 raised so far, and in the event that it conflicts with a plugin for
 whatever reason, it would just fall back to the current behaviour instead
 of causing total disappearance of content.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/55996#comment:33>