[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #57785: How about displaying links to rudimentary Learn WordPress tutorials and videos on the dashboard?

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Feb 22 03:00:22 UTC 2023

#57785: How about displaying links to rudimentary Learn WordPress tutorials and
videos on the dashboard?
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  olein               |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request     |     Status:  new
Component:  Administration      |    Version:  6.1.1
 Severity:  normal              |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  ui, administration  |
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Recently, a lot of Learn WordPress content has also been gathered from
 Training Teams and other sources.

 However, I feel that the information is not yet well known enough to reach
 the users who could make use of it (as I feel when I organize local
 WordPress Meetups).

 As an idea, the nearest event information is currently posted on the admin
 page, but why not provide the same information and links to help new
 WordPress users understand how to use the site editor and block themes?

 Also, if you can provide tutorial videos of Learn WordPress for beginners
 available in the same language as the language setting, or information
 about online Learn WordPress Meetup events, etc. by language, it would be
 more supportive for new users of WordPress. I thought it would be a good
 way to support users who are new to WordPress.