[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #57733: wp-includes/functions.php::do_enclose() should handle post content differently

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Feb 16 12:22:00 UTC 2023

#57733: wp-includes/functions.php::do_enclose() should handle post content
differently
 Reporter:  avibrazil    |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  Media        |    Version:  6.1.1
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:
  Focuses:               |
 This method **removes enclosures** if {{{get_post()->post_content}}}
 doesn't contain the enclosure URL.

 What if the post **will** contain the URL **after** it is being rendered
 with, say, a shortcodes? For example, I may use shortcodes to form the
 media URL in the post content as {{{<a
 href="[base_site_url]/media/podcast001.m4a">media file</a>}}} as the
 string that will be rendered (and then match) the URL found in enclosure.
 And by the way, on the enclosure I would also like to use shortcodes, but
 this is yet to be tested and not relevant to this bug report.

 URL comparisons should happen with both post content and enclosure content
 transformed to their final forms, not its raw version.

 Thank you in advance.