[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #57707: Issue with "Add New Application Password" in profile page leading to empty error message

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Feb 13 18:42:06 UTC 2023

#57707: Issue with "Add New Application Password" in profile page leading to empty
error message
----------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  king-a-s                    |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                |     Status:  new
Component:  General                     |    Version:
 Severity:  normal                      |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  javascript, administration  |
----------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 The issue I would like to report is in the profile page. When I try to
 "Add New Application Password", the request goes to the link
 "Site Address (URL)/wp-json/wp/v2/users/1/application-
 passwords?_locale=user"
 instead of the link
 "WordPress Address (URL)/wp-json/wp/v2/users/1/application-
 passwords?_locale=user".

 As a result, an empty error message appears if the "Site Address" is
 different from the "WordPress Address".

 [[Image(https://i.ibb.co/8N0B7xF/Screenshot-20230213-092733.png)]]