[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #57648: Major performance regression in `wp_enqueue_global_styles()` for classic themes

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Feb 9 00:03:25 UTC 2023

#57648: Major performance regression in `wp_enqueue_global_styles()` for classic
themes
--------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  flixos90      |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by flixos90):

 @oandregal For next steps: I would suggest to do some profiling on
 `wp_enqueue_global_styles()` and the code paths it runs, to see where
 specifically it has become slower than in 6.1.1. Let me know if you have
 capacity to do that, or if you need help.

 Also, could you try to run the Server-Timing metrics approach on your
 system and share the results you get? One thing that's very odd is that,
 just in my local WordPress core development environment, I still keep
 getting that same ''very'' large regression from that function. I'm not
 sure why, maybe there is some expensive logic in there that somehow only
 triggers in that specific configuration? I would be curious how that plays
 out in your core dev environment.

 I'm changing the severity here back to normal, since now that regression
 is actually not as alarming as originally thought. And honestly, other
 than that, performance-wise WP 6.2-beta.1 looks great! 🎉

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/57648#comment:13>