[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #57665: Next / Previous block Bold and Italic styling are not applying to default text.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Feb 8 06:39:56 UTC 2023

#57665: Next / Previous block Bold and Italic styling are not applying to default
text.
--------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  haritpanchal  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement   |      Status:  closed
Changes (by poena):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => reported-upstream
 * component:  Bundled Theme => Editor
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review =>

Comment:

 Thank you for the report @haritpanchal.

 The bold and italic styling is only added to selected portions of texts,
 so that users can make part of their custom text styled, and another part
 unstyled.

 The styling is not applied because the placeholder text can not be
 selected.
 But this is an edge case because you can use the Appearance option in the
 Typography panel to make the text bold, italic, or both.
 I understand that this can be a confusing.

 Because this is issue is with the block and block editor; I have opened a
 new issue in the Gutenberg GitHub repository:
 https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/issues/47861, and I will close this
 ticket.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/57665#comment:1>