[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #57662: Error from _preload_old_requests_classes_and_interfaces on update from 4.0.38 to 6.2-beta1

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Feb 7 22:53:24 UTC 2023

#57662: Error from _preload_old_requests_classes_and_interfaces on update from
4.0.38 to 6.2-beta1
----------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  afragen                     |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                |      Status:  new

Comment (by ironprogrammer):

 == Test Report
 Patch tested: https://github.com/WordPress/wordpress-develop/pull/4029

 To test the patch, refer to
 [https://gist.github.com/ironprogrammer/1aaff6f60b263c1842e3584365729ffc
 these custom update package test instructions].

 === Environment
 - Hardware: iMac
 - OS: macOS 12.6.2
 - Browser: Safari 16.2
 - Server: Apache/2.4.55 (Unix) PHP/5.6.40
 - PHP: 5.6.40
 - WordPress: 6.1.1
 - Theme: twentytwentyone v1.6
 - Active Plugins:
  - core-rollback v1.3.4
  - wordpress-beta-tester v3.2.7

 === Actual Results
 When reproducing a bug:
 - ❌ "Fatal error: Class 'Requests_Exception'" occurred when attempting to
 update.

 When testing a patch to validate it works as expected:
 - ✅ Using a patched build package, the update to 6.2-beta1 succeeded
 without error.

 === Additional Notes
 - In test Step 2, ensure that a ''classic theme'' is active. I was unable
 to roll back past 5.9 with a block theme active.
 - For clarity, the fatal error that occurred prevented the update, but did
 leave the site in a usable state (i.e. I was able to then test the patched
 build).

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/57662#comment:6>