[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #57648: Major performance regression in `wp_enqueue_global_styles()` for classic themes

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Feb 7 09:03:42 UTC 2023

#57648: Major performance regression in `wp_enqueue_global_styles()` for classic
themes
--------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  flixos90      |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by oandregal):

 Hi Felix, would you help me understand what are the `wp-*` metrics, and
 how can I reproduce locally?

 Coincidentally, I've published my own analysis using Time To First Byte,
 essentially, the time it takes the server to process the request. **I've
 done 1000 runs for the last 7 major WordPress releases and 4 default
 themes**. These are the numbers https://oandre.gal/evolution-of-wordpress-
 ttfb-5-6-to-6-2/ *

 TLDR:

 - TwentyTwentyThree: improves 30.24% with respect to 6.1.
 - TwentyTwentyTwo: improves 30.71% with respect to 6.1.
 - TwentyTwentyOne: improves 7.77% with respect to 6.1.
 - TwentyTwenty: improves 0.97% with respect to 6.1.

 This is using rev55171. I'll update the numbers tomorrow using the beta
 date as well.

 ''* (sorry, I tried to attach the image directly, but I don't know how to
 do it: is there a way?)''

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/57648#comment:2>