[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35833: Adding a table with the "widefat" class on post and taxonomy list table screens causes the quick edit UI and bulk edit to fail

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Feb 7 06:09:58 UTC 2023

#35833: Adding a table with the "widefat" class on post and taxonomy list table
screens causes the quick edit UI and bulk edit to fail
 Reporter:  Braad                    |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  new
  patch dev-feedback                 |  administration

Comment (by oglekler):

 Hi @Braad thank you for the ticket and the patch,

 I agree that {{{ .widefat }}} doesn't look like the right selector for JS
 DOM manipulations and should be used for styling purposed only. But this
 change will not bring any improvements other than the ability to use this
 class for styling purposes elsewhere. I understand that your code is just
 an example and there was a reason to place a table into the Help tab, but
 the same wide result can be achieved with inline styles for not to make
 things too complicated and not to add a new style file into the admin
 purely for this purpose. On the other hand, if this patch to be applied,
 someone will need to test inline post editing script for an unexpected
 regression even if it looks like nothing can be broken.

 I suggest leaving jQuery selector as is and return to this case if the
 inline editing script will be reworked for another reason.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/35833#comment:8>