[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #57626: Searches to add a link in post-edit, to be sortable/filterable to better find tags

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Feb 3 14:30:14 UTC 2023

#57626: Searches to add a link in post-edit, to be sortable/filterable to better
find tags
-------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  joshduffetywong    |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement        |     Status:  new
Component:  Editor             |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  trivial            |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  ui, accessibility  |
-------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Currently when adding a link to a post, I can search for a term and get
 back a mix of posts, pages and tags. This is the intended behaviour.

 However, if the search term I am using is broad (e.g. 'Movies') and there
 are more than 20 posts on my site featuring the word Movies (this is often
 the case for a broad term), then WordPress will prioritise returning me 20
 search results that are all posts, and will not return the Movies tag.

 This is a general sorting issue, the search function prioritises posts
 over tags.

 I'd like see a change where an exact tag match would always appears as the
 top result.

 If not, then an option to filter the search, perhaps with checkboxes to
 show Posts/Pages/Tags etc.