[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #55012: TinyMCE editor not rendering correctly in visual mode using wp_editor function in a meta box on a page with the Block editor enabled in WP 5.9

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Dec 21 12:47:57 UTC 2023

#55012: TinyMCE editor not rendering correctly in visual mode using wp_editor
function in a meta box on a page with the Block editor enabled in WP 5.9
 Reporter:  rickcurran    |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by osynligstefan):

 We're also having this issue in conjunction with ACF. Happens only after
 upgrading WordPress to a version >= 5.9 and in different browsers.

 Quote from ACF support:

 "Thanks for the report here. This is likely a WordPress bug, and it's a
 tricky one to reproduce. Even on your site for me in Safari it's not
 reliable, and sometimes will render correctly, which points to it being a
 race condition in the loading chain somewhere.

 We think it's likely to be an instance of this bug:
 https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/55012 which can occur in any
 browser, and it seems likely to be specific to the other elements on the
 page, and the time they take to render."

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/55012#comment:6>