[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #60074: Add New Media File > The ''dismiss button ''not showing any response when uploading the unsupported (.jfif) file

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Dec 15 16:55:20 UTC 2023

#60074: Add New Media File > The ''dismiss button ''not showing any response when
uploading the unsupported (.jfif) file
 Reporter:  vivekawsm     |       Owner:  adamsilverstein
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by adamsilverstein):

 On a separate note, should we consider adding support for uploading
 ".jfif" files (so you don't get the error in the first place)? do all the
 browsers support them? what about GD or Imagick. First time I have seen
 this format used, does it offer specific advantages?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/60074#comment:9>