[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59352: Inline images inserted in the block editor can erroneously get fetchpriority=high

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Dec 14 18:25:07 UTC 2023

#59352: Inline images inserted in the block editor can erroneously get
fetchpriority=high
--------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  westonruter   |       Owner:  flixos90
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by flixos90):

 I agree that the root of the problem is in the inline image component in
 Gutenberg. That said, it could be fixed either way. The existing
 `wp_img_tag_add_width_and_height_attr()` function was originally
 introduced as a fallback to add missing dimension attributes already
 partly because Gutenberg wasn't always adding those attributes, so I think
 adding a special condition for this use case could work.

 Doing it in that function is also more reliable as it will address the
 problem for existing content, while doing it in Gutenberg would likely
 only fix it for new content created in the future.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/59352#comment:5>